Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Some Days, You Need a Very Big Scarf

It's not precisely the season for outdoor photo shoots. It was just a couple degrees above freezing when I went out to take this shot (in, because I am practical, my leaky shoes and no sweater to speak of), and starting to rain (or is it sleet? not heavily enough for me to decide), and of course, being just shy of 4:30, the sun is well convinced that I can't see it through the cloud cover. It's mostly right.

But really, that just means it's the perfect weather for wearing this.

scarf_big

I don't know what possessed me. The thing is four balls of Merino Stripes (the grey and charcoal colorway, I think 04, but I managed to lose all four wrappers), knit diagonally, and just shy of 9 feet long. If I throw it around my neck and don't wrap it anywhere, the edges drag on the ground. Honestly, there's only about a month out of the year when I can pretend to wear it. Mostly it wears me.

1 comment:

Sithel a.k.a. Miss Rebecca said...

Those are some mighty pretty stripes you've got there! A nice photo to, though I wish something to better suggest scale had been included. I believe it's large, but seeing it swallowing someone up would be neat. Your photography is definitely improving though, I like it lots!

With the ick weather down here, I can only imagine how bad it is up there. What a fine time for a big scarf it must be.