Friday, February 8, 2008

Sore Fingers

I've been terrible with holiday gifts. I mean this is the most generic way possible, as, having no holidays of my own, my giftgiving season started this year around Eid and detoured through Christmas and Solstice until it seemed silly to hand people packages any longer. Except, well, I actually feel obligated to hand a few other people gifts.
gift_necklaces
It took me far too long to put these together. The wire bits required maybe five minutes of my time apiece... but finding the right leather crimps? Choosing lobster claw clasps over whatever those other ones are called?

Now that they're finally finished, of course, they're just taking up space on my table. I should rectify that.


PS: my measuring tape decided it didn't really like hiding in my bed anyway, and has now come out and agreed to continue being of good use.

2 comments:

B. Zedan said...

Man, your present is sitting glumly atop my record player, still unfinished. I will just tell you what I was going to do and finish it up the best I can and mail the damn thing.

I found this amazing source of threads/yarns for mini knitting, in hand-dyed alpaca and other fancy beautiful stuff in the perfect "you" colours. Then the woman flaked and never responded to repeated emails. So, I've been looking for another source. I justify adding to your stash in that they are very small skeins, being small yarn.

The Bloggist said...

You are far too awesome.

Your present is sitting on my ironing board right now. I really should finish and box it, too :(