Friday, July 11, 2008

My favorite top...

greengable1

Pattern: Green Gables
Designers: Sarah & Rachel (zephyrstyle.com)
Yarn: Hempathy
Needles: US6 and 4

I'm delighted by the way this knit up. It was more or less a mindless knit, kept alongside my laptop while I read or worked on other things. In the way of things, this means it took me longer to finish than it otherwise might; I tend to prioritize more exciting knits. But it's a perfect look for me, which I'll some day prove when I can pin someone down to give me a photo shoot.

Modifications: I knit for the size 40-43, but had to rip back to a slightly smaller size because I would have swum in it at the 43-inch mark. I left off the ribbing on the bottom edge in the interest of a stockinette roll, to mimic the slight roll on the back of the neck.

3 comments:

Garpu said...

Very nice! I love the color!

B. Zedan said...

I saw this in your Flickr and dang is that a cute top. Is the neckline more scoop or bateau neckneck?

The Bloggist said...

I wouldn't quite call it a bateau because it has a bit of scoop to it, but the shape is more bateau than scoop neck. And thanks!