Friday, March 30, 2007

I cannot keep focused

Someone, teach me restraint.
I have six projects on needles right now, and justifications for all of them. 
Project #1: Well, this is the gift sweater I can only work on at home,
because it’s too big to carry when I go everywhere on foot.
Project #2: Pomatomus socks. Portable, pretty, and I need to do something
with that bright blue sock yarn.
Project #3: Nice simple mistake rib that I can mindlessly work on at work.
The boss approves.
Project #4: The former at-work project –a woven herringbone scarf my
sister demanded- but I kept forgetting to psso and would grossly snarl
up whole passages of it. Cannot work on while reading e-mail and
answering phones.
Project #5: I need to learn how to work on those 00000 needles. A hat is
a great starter project!
Project #6: Oh, but I really want to design another pair of mitts! I can’t
possibly not do that now!
I’m going to scrap the mitts for now; beyond a fetishistic urge to use the
Italian tubular cast-on, my plans for that yarn have changed too much. The
hat should technically be a small project (it’s half an inch tall, really) that I
can finish quickly.
As for the rest… sigh. I guess four on the needles isn’t as bad. It wouldn’t
bother me as much if I had a place to put the sweater other than various
chairs in my apartment.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A.D.D. Knitting...it is a commen problem often resolved with a shot of good ol' fashion wiskey and the engulfing that on occassion happens on one project or another...I have a different kind of problem...I am too focused. One project at a time for me...at least for now. Someday I'll get over it ;)