Thursday, June 14, 2007

Buttony Beginnings

So, a friend of mine, she comes to me and says, "Pink, you knitting much? Want to do something for me?" And I sez to her, "What, you want me to knit something?" And she sez to me, "Yeah, I do, Pink. I want you to knit me this."-- and she points me to Katie Knits.

Okay, no more pale attempts at vintage Italian mobster vernacular. If that's what it was. I will block out the growly male voice in my ear and give you the basic bent of the conversation after that:


Me: "You're going to compensate me for that much stockinette, right?"

Friend: "Err, yeah. Yeah... that was the idea."

Me: "Neat-o! Let's go buy yarn!"

I'm not all that keen on raglan, honestly, solely because they're so big and heavy that you can't really carry them around when they're on the needles, but this looks pretty cool (I am a sucker for raglan shoulders), and I think it'll be a fast knit.

Besides, this yarn is awesome to work with. A very favorable switch from lionbrand-- pretty, healthy sheen, and 100% natural. My hands can really tell, and they're appreciating it. The only thing that could make me happier would be having my friend's exact measurements.

(ahem) You can e-mail me those any time, you know.

PS, Friend: And tell me if you want it to button the left or right shoulder, because you know all about the mirror-image lefty conundrum curse. Let me know now, or it'll button over the right shoulder-- the clever knitting equivalent of sleeping with the fishes.

No comments: