Tuesday, June 12, 2007

State of the Knitted

I guess it's insufferably nerdy to run a progress check on your knitting.

But I posted a list of hopeful projects in January, and it's now halfway through the year. So what's a knitter to do?

Green vaguely signifies completed projects. The lighter the green, the less complete. Red means I've changed my mind. I've added and subtracted and changed things liberally.

  • felted green lunch tote with strap
  • red-and-black wide winter scarf
  • wrap with leftover burgundy yarn (my design?)
  • a möbius-style cowl wisp with color #204 mohair (my design)
  • Mrs. Beatons with scrap purple mohair and sexy brown sheep company prairie silk
  • Trellis prototypes in Peruvian alpaca (my design)
  • socks with blue variegated sock yarn (pomatomus)
  • socks with red variegated sock yarn (coupling?)
  • more cat toys with leftover Bernat Disco (they love it-- you’d think there’s coke catnip in that hideous tinsel)
  • finish Samus with thriftstore angora blend
  • drop-stitch cardigan in blue variegated thrift-shop sweater—finish unravelling
  • wide-shouldered cowl with black mohair and lime Ritratto? (my design)
  • Lionbrand homespun scrap sack for cat toys
  • Something not boring in the Jo-Ann simplicity mega-skein (not boring being optional; that yarn doesn’t show stitch patterns well at all)
  • ScarfStyle “interlocking balloons”
Hm. Depressing. What's so sad is how much yarn I've received and how much that's changed my priorities. To this list, I have to add:

  • sew pockets and zipper onto Mariah
  • felt burgundy purse; acquire buckles/belts for straps
  • plastic garbage bag for garbage bags
  • Knitty's Chapeau Marnier by Marnie MacLean in left-over burgundy yarn
  • Nantucket Jacket, Norah Gaugahn, with brick red yarn
  • Buttony Sweater commission with Classic Elite Bazic Wool
  • Cable sweater for sister in "mushroom" Lionbrand

No comments: