Monday, October 15, 2007

Anais, The End


Disregard the image to the left (to some extent); Anais is in fact finished, and quite lovely. I just can't get a good shot of it lying flat, so anyone interested will have to wait to see the final thing once I can pin someone down to take shots of me in it. Another post.

As you may have observed reading my previous post, I made a pair of gloves for a certain Brenna, who got the gloves by virtue of being awesome. They're based off my Trilobite gloves, but I tried a few different things-- mostly, the short row thumb gusset, of which I am absurdly proud.

This has, overall, been the cap of an absurdly crafty weekend for me-- not only did I finish Anais and seam it together, but I started two other, new projects (a gift for my sister and a skirt for myself, because I am first and foremost a selfish knitter) and banged together a earring/necklace holder from a cheap picture frame, some wire mesh, tacks and some s-hooks. It is serviceable, but I want something better to string necklaces and watches from. Ideally something I can put in plain sight, because otherwise my jewelry (actually, most of my wardrobe) disappears into a black hole of sorts. Out of sight, out of mind, truly.

No comments: