Thursday, December 13, 2007

A Solitary Sock

This is not the time of year for photography. It's dark early and long, my apartment is no longer the recipient of even a bare smidgeon of sunlight, and frankly it's often too wet to take pictures even when there is a lightening in the grey sky.

Now, mind, this is one of my favorite times of year. It's just not cheap camera photography season.

hedera_1 So, only one picture exceptionally unpretty picture of a very lovely sock. It's one foot of Cookie A's Hedera pattern, knit in Maizy "deep rose."

I can't recommend Maizy enough. It's my favorite sock yarn to date-- a corn and nylon blend, springy and not scratchy in the slightest. That's relevant if you have picky feet like I do. I have the solitary sock on my foot as I write, because it's like warm and comfy and the slip-stitch heel I worked feels comfortably like a pillow. I won't be wearing that through soon.

No comments: