Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Robin Melanson's Corset Pullover


This is pretty old, actually-- I did it in September last year, for my sister's birthday, and she just now got around to sending me pictures, so I still need bragging rights. But more than that, I need to teach her a thing or two about modelling knitwear, I think... . My goodness. Could those shadows be any less flattering? The way those sleeves have been tugged out of shape? That slouch in the collar? Regrettable. That colorway anomaly, the result of bad lighting? It looks periwinkle.

I no longer remember the yarn offhand, although I'm certain the label is somewhere in my knitting scrapbook-- it was a mercerized cotton from elann.com, a great steal. This picture loses some of the nice detail on the collar, which I was rather proud of. I had to extensively modify the waist sizing to fit her, since she's the size-opposite of me, and actually tinier than the extra-small was, and I left off the straps since I didn't like the contrast of silver d-rings with that pale blue yarn.

5 comments:

Garpu said...

Pretty! How adaptable would it be for...curvier...women? :)

The Bloggist said...

Really adaptable, actually. It already has waist and bust increases, and the pattern is a very simple repeat... it's really just knit/purl ribbing on the front and sleeves except that there's a fancy twisted stitch or something (no longer remember) thrown in. Very simple to adjust the width of the middle panel.

pammypooh57 said...

I really like this corset pullover. Is it possible to get your pattern so I could make one? This would go great with jeans I think.
Thank you for your time

The Bloggist said...

Oh! It's not my pattern-- Robin Melanson did it for Interweave awhile ago. You can download the pattern under their free section online... it's just called "corset pullover."

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.